These days my evenings are quite uneventful. So in these lockdown days I am revisiting miniature painting. It also helps that I have Gloomhaven lying about waiting to get painted. So today I sat down and painted the Brute from Gloomhaven. Unfortunately I don’t have progress pictures. I took some pictures before I begin and after I finished.
I tried to stick close to what I saw in the concept art again. Bone pauldrons, chest bands and golden shield.
This was the first mini I used wet blending on with some success. The fur cloak turned out to be better than I expected. Perhaps I should have started with a lighter tone for the highlight areas… I had to touch up with pure yellow to make the contrast apparent.